The Leominster Festival is a limited company and is a registered charity run by volunteers. Leominster Festival Committee is offering a contract for a Development Worker, working across the summer to take the lead on organising the 2023 Festival.
The first Leominster Festival in 1978 developed from a commitment to bring the Arts right to the doors of the local people and involve the community. Next year there will be numerous events run in the first week of June 2023, and will be organised and run in conjunction with many local community organisations, including the Leominster Festival and supported by Leominster Town Council.
Leominster Festival Development Worker
Job Type: Part-time, Freelance responsible to Leominster Festival Trustees
Job Type: Part-time/Flexible working – hours to be agreed.
Salary: £17.50 /hour
The Leominster Festival is a limited company and is a registered charity run by volunteers. Leominster Festival Committee is offering a contract for a Development Worker, commencing October 2022 to take the lead on organising the 2023 Festival.
The first Leominster Festival in 1978 developed from a commitment to bring the Arts right to the doors of the local people and involve the community. In 2023 there will be numerous events running in conjunction with many local community organisations with a theme of ‘Out of this World’ between Saturday 27th May and Sunday 4th June.
The contract is set at an average of 3hrs/week at £17.50 per hr, initially for 12 months. The role will suit someone who wishes to work part-time and flexibly on a self-employed basis. The post holder will need to be prepared to work flexibly to complete the contract successfully. During the run up to the Festival there is a significant increase of hours. Working patterns to be agreed with the Festival Chair.
REPORTS TO: Leominster Festival Committee Chairperson.
To support the Leominster Festival Committee to develop the 2023 Festival.
We require some support for the Festival Committee to primarily to organise the Family Fun Day on Saturday June 3rd and help co-ordinate other Festival events which will be happening across the town. The post holder will be required to work with the Cultural Consortium Officer to co-ordinate Town Events delivered by other organisations in the town. Within this role will be some admin, such as responding to Festival enquiries, contacting and making arrangements with booked acts, and venues in the run up to the Festival.
To work closely with the Festival Secretary and to attend Festival Committee meetings.
Liaise on marketing and publicity activities with the Festival Digital Marketing Worker, to agreed budgets and timescales in line with the Festival Programme.
Work with Committee members on producing press releases, and creating and providing content to the Digital Marketing Officer for use on social media, and for any printed materials as required. Collation and preparation of content the 2023 Festival Programme is an essential task within this role.
Work with the Festival Treasurer to identify, negotiate and secure sponsorship from a diverse range of suppliers to fund future Festival events whenever possible. This includes research, liaison and securing advertising for the Leominster Festival Brochure, building on previous years of working with local sponsors and supporters. Ensure the relationships and agreements with sponsors are positive, clear and appropriate to the aims and objectives of the Festival, and that stakeholders are all in agreement with arrangements.
Be available for the entirety of the Festival period of 27th May – 4th June 2023, as well as before the Festival and after the Festival to assist with tasks such as removing posters, thanking volunteers, supporters and sponsors, and other follow up that may be required.
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook
- Mature, credible and comfortable dealing with a diverse range of community and business stakeholders
- Great communicator, preferably with experience of working with volunteers
- A natural forward planner who is professional, reliable, organised, but also flexible
- Positive attitude towards new experiences, responsibility and accountability
- Able to both work independently and as part of a team
- Able to manage a complex workload
Skills & Experience required:
- Experienced events organiser, preferably in the community/arts sector.
- Marketing & publicity skills (Preferably in the community/ arts sector)
- Ability to effectively communicate, liaise with and report to Trustees
- Ability to deliver within budget and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- IT literacy across a range of social media platforms and able to use Microsoft Office.
- Local knowledge of Leominster and its community
- Understanding of health and safety and legal requirements in relation to safeguarding
- Experience of organising community events and/or festivals
START DATE: Immediate – subject to a 3 month probationary period.
Candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter by email to
email@example.com detailing relevant experience.
If you would like further information about this role, please feel free to email Wendy Coombey at firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number and we will phone you back for a conversation.