The Leominster Festival is a limited company and is a registered charity run by volunteers. Leominster Festival Committee is offering a contract for a Development Worker, working across the summer to take the lead on organising the publicity and marketing of the 2023 Festival.
The first Leominster Festival in 1978 developed from a commitment to bring the Arts right to the doors of the local people and involve the community. Next year there will be numerous events run in the first week of June 2023, and will be organised and run in conjunction with many local community organisations, including the Leominster Festival and supported by Leominster Town Council.
Digital Marketing and Social Media Communications Worker
Leominster Festival is looking for someone to help them continue momentum to build their online profile and to manage their social media accounts, website and newsletter to ensure fun, engaging communication with followers and fans.
The Festival has been growing its online presence over the last two years, has a website which operates on WordPress, a newsletter contact list built up in Mali Chimp and has the following social media accounts:
- Instagram – 291 followers
- Facebook – 1,098 page likes, 1,399 page followers
- Twitter – 1,204 Followers
The Digital Marketing and Online Communications Worker will report to the Leominster Festival Chair and Trustees working to an agreed programme. They will attend Festival Meetings as and when required. They will also be required to work with the Festival Development Worker and Festival Photographer.
To work closely with the Leominster Festival Trustees, Leominster Festival Development Worker to deliver the following:
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all Festival social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, adapting content to suit different channels.
- Create, plan and deliver engaging multimedia content across multiple platforms
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Grow the number of followers for each account to spread the word about Leominster Festival
- Work with other local organisations such as Leominster Tourist Information Centre, Visit Herefordshire and Leominster Roars to promote Leominster Festival through their channels.
- Develop relationships with local businesses and organisations to increase reciprocal visibility and engagement.
- Recommend improvements to increase performance.
- Create a Festival presence on online platforms such as YouTube and TikTok. Decisions should be made on whether a new platform will allow successful grow in engagement with Leominster people and organisations.
- Report on social media growth and development.
- Maintain Festival website content
- Update programme listings and policies
- Creating content for and managing the Festivals Ticket Source account, working with Leominster Tourist Information Centre.
Media and Press Management
- Creating and publishing press releases in consultation with the Chair
- Responding to media enquiries
- Grow existing newsletter contact lists for both operations
- Write and collate content and images for relevant newsletter updates to on timescales agreed with Trustees/ Festival Development Officer
- Experience in WordPress, Mail Chimp and social media Meta Business Suite
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Leadership qualities to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- Project and campaign management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Motivation and commitment.
Reporting to Leominster Festival Chair and Trustees, working to an agreed programme and timetable at an hourly rate of £17.50 per hr. Average of 3 Hours per week to be reviewed monthly.
START DATE: Immediate – subject to a 3 month probationary period. Candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing relevant experience.
If you would like further information about this role, please feel free to email Wendy Coombey at email@example.com with a phone number and we will phone you back for a conversation.