Volunteer role description, Leominster Festival Secretary
The Leominster Festival is celebrating its 40th year in 2020 and we are looking forward to putting on another vibrant, exciting series of events around the town between 4-7th June.
The Festival is run entirely by a Committee of local volunteers and we are seeking a new member of the team. Do you have some time on your hands? Looking for ways to get involved in local events and be a part of a fun team? We are looking for an organised and upbeat volunteer Secretary to help us run a successful 2020 Festival and beyond. Here’s a list of the activities we need you for, come and join us!
- Arrange, attend and minute Committee meetings
- Planning meeting dates, booking rooms, sending out notifications in a timely manner, minutes etc.
- Drawing up agendas together with Chair.
- To ensure other meetings, such as the AGM, and events are properly administered.
- Monitor and follow-up committee member action points.
- Deal with correspondence, writing letters/emails as agreed at committee meetings, summarising correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
- Managing correspondence with performing artists in liaison with the Treasurer
- Make arrangements for any necessary reporting and notes of thanks, i.e. to funders, sponsors, performers etc.
- Work as part of a team with Committee members and volunteers before and during the Festival.
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in agreement with the Chair, in line with Festival Policy.
- To be organised and methodical
- Able to take accurate minutes and reports
- Technology literate (emailing, use of internet and What’s Ap for communication)
Closing date: Friday 20th March Interviews: w/c Monday 23rd March
Email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com