Volunteer role description, Leominster Festival Treasurer
The Leominster Festival is celebrating its 40th year in 2020 and we are looking forward to putting on another vibrant, exciting series of events around the town between 4-7th June.
The Festival is run entirely by a Committee of local volunteers and we are seeking a new member of the team. Do you have a background in finance and a penchant for perfect budgeting? Looking for ways to get involved in local events and be a part of a fun team? We are looking for an organised, upbeat volunteer Treasurer to help us run a successful 2020 Festival and beyond. Here’s a list of the activities we need you for, come and join us!
- Oversee the financial affairs of the Leominster Festival (a registered Charity).
- Ensure proper and legal records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Attend monthly Trustee/ Committee meetings and update on financial position
- Oversee the production of financial reports and accounts.
- Completing annual accounts reports and assisting the Trustees and Committee with budgeting
- Overseeing cash handling during Festival weekend including support for volunteers.
- Ensure effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Income and expenditure management including invoices and billing
- Petty cash/ floats for Festival events
- Must be able to carry out online banking
- Work with Trustees on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner as required.
- Work as part of a team with Committee members and volunteers before and during the Festival.
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in agreement with the Chair, in line with Festival Policy.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Ability to communicate clearly
Interviews: w/c Monday 23rd March
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com